1. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
2. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
3. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
4. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
5. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals.
6. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Rose Buckmaster Soft Tissue Therapist fully complies with the most up to date Data Protection Policy and has a transparent approach to Data Processing which empowers individuals to know about the collection and use of their personal data. Collection of data is for ensuring I have the right information for assessing your suitability to treatment, for completing the appropriate treatment, for contacting you regarding appointment follow-ups and for a referral to GP or other healthcare practitioners if deemed necessary. In addition the data may also be shared with NHS Trace and Test if required to minimise the spread of Covid-19. I collect only data that is relevant to those purposes, and keep it for 7 years. All information held will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be released to any other external party with the consent of the client.
How I collect information: I collect information from you when you contact me, either via phone, via e-mail or through facebook or instagram. I also collect information from the consultation form that you fill in and further information may be recorded through your treatment.
What information I collect: I collect personal information through the consulation form that is relevant to your treatment. I may also collect your e-mail or phone number if you choose to contact me in this way.
What the information is used for: The information collected is used to provide a treatment that is tailored to you and also allows me to contact you with regards to your appointments.
Who has access to your information: Only I have access to your information, I will not sell, rent or share your information with any third parties.
Who the information might be shared with: The information will not be shared without your consent. If it is necessary and only with your consent I may refer you on to a GP or healthcare professional. In addition data may also be shared with NHS Trace and Test if required to help minimise the spread of Covid-19.
How long will the information be kept for: I will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. Clients treatment notes must be kept for 7 years after the last treatment they receive as claims for damages may occur some time after an event. If data is no longer required it will be deleted or destroyed accordingly.
Your Individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018:
1. To be informed of personal data that I hold on you.
2. To access your personal data.
3. Object to the processing of your personal data.
4. Restrict the processing of your personal data.
5. Rectify your personal data.
6. Erase your personal data.
You can exercise your individual rights at any time, please contact me in writing to do so.